Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thoughtfulness & You: I Love Lemons

 
 

 
In my quest to be healthy I incorporated the Green Machine smoothie into my diet and stumbled upon the benefits of lemons. Holy heck! My entire life I thought people who drank their water with lemon just didn't like the taste of plain ol' water. I had no idea there were such amazing benefits to it.
 
To get the maximum benefit it is recommended that you drink a cup of warm lemon water every morning to get your system working.
 
I grab a small glass, fill it with warm tap water, squeeze the juice from half a lemon into it and drink with a straw (to avoid the destruction of my teeth). I've heard you can rinse out your mouth with plain water after drinking to remove any remaining juicy acid from stripping the enamel from your teeth.
 
After quite a bit of research, I found this article that nicely sums up the benefits of Why You Should Drink Warm Water With Lemon.
 
Warm Lemon Water:
 
1. Boosts your immune system
2. Balances pH ( I had no idea about this...very interesting)
3. Helps with weight loss
4. Aids digestion
5. Acts as a gentle, natural diuretic
6. Clears skin
7. Hydrates the lymph system
  
Click this link to read more about each benefit
 
This is seriously an easy dietary change that could do wonders for your body. Like I said in my Green Machine post...after lots of medication I am all for natural ways to help my body be the best it can be.
 
Since I began drinking warm lemon water about a month ago I can definitely see and feel a difference. My skin looks brighter and I feel cleaner on the inside. I guess my body needed a good internal scrubbing. :-)
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm....very interesting! Thanks for the info!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete