Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thoughtfulness & You: Easter Creativity


Life can be so busy...it is easy to neglect the simple things that make us happy. For me, happiness = creativity. I enjoy walking into Michael's or Hobby Lobby and getting inspired. Being creative allows me to zone out and essentially play with whatever crafty idea is on the table.
 
It is important to be thoughtful to others just as it is important to be thoughtful to ourselves. Don't forget to take time out for what makes you happy. My crafty project was extremely simple and very inexpensive. If creating makes you happy and you don't have a lot of time...be inspired by these quick projects.
 
 
Step 1
 

 
Step 2
 

 
Step 3
 

 
Or...
 



I made...





Cut ribbon 2 inches longer than the portion of the egg you are covering. Cover the entire egg in Elmer's Glue and place ribbon on egg. Fold extra ribbon over the side of the egg and glue.
***I made sure to copy the egg template onto a thick piece of poster board because the Elmer's Glue will make regular paper bend super easy. Once the ribbon covered egg is dry, hot glue it onto the burlap.


 
Using orange felt I drew a carrot free-hand. I hot glued the bottom portion of the carrot onto the burlap and then added extra hot glue to the top of the carrot to support the green plastic stems.


 
.
I cut the Easter bunny template, traced it onto scrapbook paper and cut it again. I hot glued the bunny directly to the burlap. See...SUPER easy!
 


Happy Creating...or doing whatever it is that makes YOU happy!

 
Tuesday To Do Party 

Lil\'Luna
Cutesy Crafts
 
_
 
Somewhat Simple

8 comments:

  1. So very cute! I love them all especially the carrot:) Thanks for sharing!
    Shannon {Cozy Country Living}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I appreciate your comment! :-)

      Delete
  2. So awesome! I love the texture from the carrot top. Awesome project!!

    Katja @ Shift Ctrl Art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. I love the 3D effect of the green carrot top and the texture provided by the burlap. These would be great additions to my Easter decor. Thanks for sharing!

    Emily (visiting from www.myloveforwords.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Thanks for commenting! :-)

      Delete
  4. Actually the educational article. My partner and i appriciate your time and energy. Individual which you mentioned previously are often very beneficial to all people to be able to exercise routine. Marvelous employment. Maintain your excellent work intending. All the best . money for hard times blogposts.
    skyfall suit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love anything burlap. Great way to add a little seasonal decor at a low price! I'm having a link party on my blog and I'd love for you to join!
    http://www.simplydreamandcreate.com/

    ReplyDelete