Thursday, December 13, 2012

Why being thoughtful means putting yourself out there


I SO love thinking about being thoughtful. I'd say I've acted on 50% of my thoughtful ideas. Through this blog I hope to challenge myself and others to put ourselves out there even more and do what we are afraid to do.

What's so scary about being thoughtful towards others? Fear of rejection...humiliation...what are they going to think??? Of course the negative thoughts of what could possibly go wrong seem to over power the potential good that could come from it. This is especially true if it is NOT anonymous.

Tonight, I performed a thoughtful action and lied. I didn't tell the person that I was giving them something because of pure kindness, I lied and said I had won it in a gift basket and didn't need it.

They were beyond grateful. Would that have been different if I told them the truth? Probably not. It was my own fear of rejection that stopped me from being completely honest.

I guess that is why I decided to call this blog "Thoughtful(ology)."

I enjoy making other people happy and I'm learning in the process.


Small Things

No comments:

Post a Comment