Sunday, December 30, 2012

Create a card for a senior citizen

Over the summer I was feeling crafty, but not sure of what I wanted to create. I didn't have a lot of time, but was itching to go to Hobby Lobby.

While searching the Internet for crafty ideas, I stumbled upon an organization called DOROT. (in Hebrew "DOROT" means "generations").

One of their many many many missions is to send over 200 birthday cards a month to (unfortunately) isolated senior citizens.

Learning this...my fate was sealed! I was on a birthday card creating mission.

One trip to Hobby Lobby, $20 and 2 hours later I was able to create 25+ birthday cards to be given to senior citizens who otherwise wouldn't get any birthday mail at all.

Supplies: construction paper
                markers
                scrapbook paper
                stickers
                glue
                *lots of creativity*

 
 


I highly recommend this activity! It is great for crafty adults, children, organizations, etc. It warms my heart to know that one of my cards (hopefully) brightened the day of someone who deserves to be celebrated but for unknown circumstances is alone.

Store this idea in your memory bank. It is definitely worthwhile!

DOROT: http://www.dorotusa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homepage_DOROT

Card Project Instructions: http://www.dorotusa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=vol_cards_D





mglinkyparty MyGrafico Linky Party

Somewhat Simple
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment